Email your job description to NCCA to have it posted here! – ACFNCCA@GMAIL.COM
Specific Local Culinary Opportunities
Job Opportunity September 17, 2018
COMPANY: The Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation
TITLE: Director of Culinary Operations and Corporate Chef
The JHHS Director of Culinary Operations and Corporate Chef (Corporate Chef) is responsible for providing culinary expertise and successful culinary leadership for Food and Culinary Services for the Johns Hopkins Health System. Responsible for planning, organization and follow up skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with sensitive deadlines and changing environments. The corporate chef will ensure adherence to all culinary standards and operational excellence for the Johns Hopkins Health System. The corporate chef will lead, coach and develop teams of skilled chefs to achieve guest satisfaction while maintaining effective costs and profits with consistent execution. The corporate chef will be responsible for menu development; testing and standardization of recipes and training of food service teams on related concepts and execution. The corporate chef will have close interaction with other members of the JHHS Food and Culinary Services leadership team, procurement, and preferred vendor representatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provides overall direction for culinary development by assuming all aspects of project development including trend and flavor profiles relative to region and other demographic elements, recipes from an ingredient, flavor, cost and nutritional perspective.
Lead Food and Culinary Standards Committee to ensure all ingredients and recipes are evaluated and approved for use within JHHS facilities. Recipes are managed via the CBORD database to ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency. Provide leadership to the ongoing monitoring compliance and execution of culinary standards across a regional portfolio.
Responsible for leading each project through a culinary scope document that details the complete deliverables of the project including a detailed timeline. Ensures that all development projects are delivered within budget and associated schedule.
Responsible for leveraging strategic external relationships with vendors, professional organizations and other partners to ensure open communications and improved outcomes for culinary programs.
Provides oversight to the development of training tools for program implementation. Should include key materials to include manuals, panning diagrams, plating specifications and associated flow diagrams. Also responsible for creating culinary workshops and presentations.
Responsible for quality, financial and safety related performance metrics. Uses data sets for statistical analysis in a complete and accurate manner allowing identification of performance outliers.
Provides direction for regulatory compliance of food production areas and ensures that menus, production methods, portions and service meet federal state and districts standards
Acts as a preceptor to the students in dietetics education programs and other education programs as identified.
Collaborate with Clinical Nutrition Leaders and the Employee Wellness Steering Committee to improve the health, wellness and sustainability offerings and to implement organizational goals. Ensures that all kitchens provide nutritious, safe eye-appealing and properly flavored foods.
Provide coaching and guidance improve the skill set of culinary staff, and provide the appropriate tool set to perform their jobs.
Provide support to Food and Culinary Services Initiatives across the Johns Hopkins Health System including conversion to self-operation, program implementation and physical renovations. Will require travel to and from facilities in Maryland, Florida and the District of Columbia and be present in those facilities as scheduled.
Responsible for development of local culinarians and ensuring effective working relationships across various stakeholder groups and within affiliates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management/or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience.
Minimum of seven to ten years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training.
Must have experience in high volume, multi-site, complex foodservice operations.
Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation and food cost controls.
Must have active Serv-Safe manager certification
Strong supervisory, leadership, hands-on management and coaching skills
Ability to communicate on various levels to include senior management, departmental, customer and associate levels
Demonstrated financial, budgetary, and food control experience
TO APPLY CONTACT: Angelo Mojica – (410) 550-8562, email@example.com
Job Opportunity August 10, 2018
TITLE: Corporate Field Chef, Customer Concierge Services
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food — food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 1800 restaurants across the United States.
The Customer Concierge team is looking for a business-minded chef professional with expertise in the foodservice industry. The goal of the Customer Concierge team is to provide industry-first concierge service to develop and grow deep relationships with our foodservice customers.
This position will specifically be responsible for working directly with our foodservice distributor and operator customers in the field. They will provide culinary best practices, hands-on training, and culinary operations support to ensure the success of Impossible in restaurants across the US. This is an amazing opportunity for a detail oriented self starter who wants to grow with a great company and join a growing team within the organization.
● Support the Impossible Foods sales cycle across various foodservice segments
● Be the product expert: Act as liaison to our foodservice customers and provide recommendations for continued success.
● Manage and deepen ongoing customer relationships and promote customer retention
● Work with the Customer Experience Manager to assist customers of various sizes/ segments to:
○ Showcase value propositions of Impossible on an ongoing basis
○ Encourage innovative and cost-appropriate recipe development
○ Troubleshoot culinary operations to ensure product success and consistency
○ Own training and development for selected accounts in a given region
● Assist the Concierge Events and Training Manager with planning and execution of various culinary-focused events (e.g. food shows, distributor workshops, pop-up events, etc).
● Provide internal support for culinary development of new or existing recipes/applications
● Utilize tools and systems to capture, track and report on key customer information
● Work remotely, but commit to travel 40-50% of the time
● Bachelor’s or Associate’s Culinary Degree, required
● Bachelor’s in Foodservice/Hospitality Management preferred
● 8+ years of work experience in a combination of food sales and in a hands-on culinary role
● Proven ability to collaborate effectively with business partners.
● Experience training/teaching in a culinary setting.
● Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Communication style with others is factual, straightforward, direct and to the point.
● Continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements to eliminate non-value added work.
● Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment, variety is the spice of life and there is not issue you can’t quickly troubleshoot. This position requires someone who is comfortable with a great deal of change and pressure, with shifting priorities, deadlines, and/or goals.
● Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize based on business strategies and objectives.
● You’re a relationship builder who loves details and execution.
Contact Gena Jordan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opportunity July 2, 2018
TITLE: Chain Accounts Team Member
BUSINESS: The CORE Group
The CORE Group is a national foodservice sales agency that blends engaged leadership with a deep network of market specialists across the U.S. With over 50 offices across the country, our goal is to hire the best people who want to move fast and make a large impact. Happy people do happy things; we allow our employees to focus on what they love to do.
Our Mission Statement: W.I.N.
Willing & Engaged – Integrity – Never Give Up
All Together. Different.
The CORE Group is looking for a new Chain Accounts Team member in our Baltimore/Washington DC market! This is a salaried position.
Sales Team Requirements:
- 5 years of sales experience (broker, manufacturer, or distributor)
- Experience in restaurant setting (minimum of 2 years)
- Reside in, or be willing to move to the designated area
- Position requires travel and overnight stays
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver’s License and no instances of DUI/DWI/Reckless Driving/Suspended License within the last (5) years to appear on the background check and driver’s history search in order to be considered for this position
Sales Team Responsibilities:
- Make, obtain, and secure sales
- Ability to work and thrive individually, as well as part of a team
- Maintenance and development of sale through product presentations and sales training at distributor customers
- Quote portion cost; prepare sales contracts and programs for business obtained
- Plan and execute product presentations and demonstrations
- Maintain and update operator profiles: buyer contracts, priority, market segments, attributes, size, buying group affiliation, client competitive information
The CORE Group offers a competitive benefits package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, and 401K eligibility.
LINK TO APPLY: https://thecoregroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=247
Job Opportunity June 27, 2018
TITLE: Faculty (Kitchen Manager) Full-Time
BUSINESS: Prince George’s Community College
The Department of Wellness, Culinary Arts and Hospitality at Prince George’s Community College has a full-time, tenured track Faculty (Kitchen Manager) position available. For more information or to apply for this position click on the link below.
The essential duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Teaching Credit Culinary Arts Courses
- Purchasing and storing food and supplies
- Managing the inventory
- Setting up and assisting with culinary arts labs offered in each culinary arts course
- Orienting students to the kitchen labs
- Conducting kitchen lab updates and ongoing training with culinary arts faculty
- Creating the student cleaning duties
- Supervising the cleaning of the kitchen labs and equipment
- Disseminating information concerning kitchen labs to culinary arts faculty in an effort to integrate culinary labs across the curriculum.
See the full job description: https://pgcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/7180
Send your resume and cover letter to: Natalie A Webb, MS, RDN, LD, FAND, Professor, Email: email@example.com
Job Opportunity March 16, 2018
TITLE: Part-time Restaurant Cook
COMPANY: Cosmos Club
Classification: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chef de Cuisine
· Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
· Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices
· Assists other cooks during emergencies or rush periods
· Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to insure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
· Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
· Assists in plating food items for service
· Handles leftover food items as instructed by Culinary Management
· Cleans assigned work station areas
· Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
· Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
· Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://www.cosmosclub.org/Careers/jobid/27
Job Opportunity September 26, 2017
TITLE: Part-time Restaurant Cook
COMPANY: Cosmos Club
Classification: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chef de Cuisine
- Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices
- Assists other cooks during emergencies or rush periods
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to insure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Assists in plating food items for service
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by Culinary Management
- Cleans assigned work station areas
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
A Career at the Cosmos Club
As an employee of the Cosmos Club, you will be part of a very select group of individuals having the ability, character and knowledge to work for one of the world’s most exclusive private clubs. The Club staff is comprised of approximately 150 employees who serve more than 3,000 members and their guests. Our commitment to our membership is equal to the commitment to our staff. Our pledge is to create a work environment that is warm, caring, and hospitable.
Our Mission: A team of diverse professionals consistently creating memorable and unique member and guest experiences reflective of the social and intellectual atmosphere of the Cosmos Club and its refined setting.
Job Opportunity December 8, 2016
TITLE: Executive Chef – Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center
COMPANY: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We are currently seeking an Executive Chef for Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center.
• Leadership position responsible for all culinary operations in a multi-unit, million dollar account comprised of restaurants, banquets, catering, concessions, and warehousing.
• Train, manage and develop Sous Chefs and culinary staff members.
• Partner with the Executive Steward, estimate food consumption, purchase food in a warehouse setting, manage vendor relationships, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
• Offer culinary instruction and demonstrate culinary techniques and consult with clients.
• Directly supervises the culinary staff with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, initiating pay increases and is responsible for the continuous development of the staff.
• The Executive Chef will report directly to the Aramark General Manager.
• Associates or related culinary degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 4-8 years of culinary management experience in a multi-unit environment including restaurants, concessions and in banquet/catering volume is required.
• Ability to manage simultaneous events and a large staff in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
• Previous experience with profit and loss accountability, control of food and labor cost, high banquet volume, menu development and pricing, vendor relations, and development of culinary team is required.
• These are full time, year-round positions.
• Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
To apply, please visit: https://uscareers-aramark.icims.com/jobs/83093/executive-chef—georgetown-university-hotel-%26-conference-center/job?mode=view
Job Opportunity June 30, 2016
TITLE: Executive Sous Chef
COMPANY: Winston-Salem, NC
GSI Executive Search is conducting and extensive search for an Executive Sous Chef at the Forsyth Country Club in Winston-Salem, NC. The opportunity has excellent benefits and Forsyth Country Club is distinguished as one of the premier clubs in the South. The Executive Sous Chef reports to Executive Chef and must have the capacity to guide all culinary operations; however, he or she will have daily oversight and responsibility for the member dining room food preparation and production. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience as an Executive Sous Chef and prepared to lead an operation as an Executive Chef in the absence of the current Executive Chef.
If interested, please contact:
Sharlyn Moore, Ph.D., CMM
Dir. of Research & Marketing
DC Office: 216 Talamore Dr., Stephens City, VA 22655
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.gsiexecutivesearch.com
Job Opportunity January 25, 2016
TITLE: Sous Chef/Manager
COMPANY: University of Maryland
Reporting to Executive Catering Chef, the catering sous chef will assist in managing all culinary back of the house operations of and on premise and off premise catering operations with yearly revenues of 3 million dollars.
Bachelor’s Degree in Restaurant Management or Associates Degree from an accredited Culinary Program and 5 years of progressively responsible experience leading a culinary team. American Culinary Association Certified Executive Chef Certification (or equivalent skill level) may be substituted for the degree.
Outstanding knowledge of and skill in culinary arts with focus on hot food, grilling and sauteeing, sauces and garde-manger. Outstanding ability to select, lead, train, develop, supervise and motivate a diverse multi generational, multi skilled culinary team. Strong oral and written communication skills and guest service skills. Strong understanding of and skill in the principles of food selection, ordering, preservation, preparation, service and inventory control. Outstanding knowledge of food safety, food preparation and service, menu and recipe development and food and dining trends. Strong organizational and logistics skills. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse team. Must have and maintain Prince George’s County Maryland Certified Food Service Manager Certification within 90 days of hire. Must have driver’s license valid in Maryland with 5 points or less.
The deadline to apply is February 5,2016.
Job Opportunity October 17, 2015
TITLE: Pastry Chef
Manage the production and preparation of pastry and dessert items in accordance with established guest service, quality and sustainability standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Create or supervise creation of pastry items for the hotel, restaurant, banquet and catering needs.
- Develop new recipes for new desserts as needed.
- Ensure that par stock of mise-en-place is maintained.
- Work closely with the Engineering Department on out of order equipment.
- Order all food items for special food promotions.
- Maintain departmental operating budget.
- Develop and implement programs to maximize and increase sales.
- Develop methods of reducing costs without affecting the level of service or product received by the guests.
- Propose and initiate new services and products for our guests
- Maintain good hygiene and cleanliness standards by performing daily section inspections
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Position Requirements
- Formal training as a Pastry Chef, preferred.
- 3 years bakery, patisserie, chocolaterie, confiserie and glacier experience
- Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Click here to apply:
Job Opportunity – October 3, 2015
TITLE: Sous Chef
The Metropolitan Club, a Distinguished Private Club in DC, is seeking a talented, qualified Restaurant Sous Chef with outstanding leadership skills.
- Culinary School graduate preferred ACF, CIA, and/or others.
- Two years minimum experience of equivalent status and establishment.
- Solid understanding of kitchen fundamentals/ solid high end a la carte.
- Restaurant background a plus.
- Team player able to foster positive relationships and work environment.
- Able to manage all levels of production and control food cost/ wastage.
- Proven track record of team management, organizational, and coaching skills.
- Understanding of all cost control dynamics purchasing and inventory.
- ACF membership and Platinum ranked club experience a plus.
- Must also be able to provide outstanding references. Competitive wage and benefit package offered.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Ben Hales at email@example.com
Job Opportunity – October 2, 2015
TITLE: Line Cook
Cosmos Club is looking for an experienced line cook
$15+ per hour (based on experience)
Email Chef Will Rogers directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opportunity – October 2, 2015
TITLE: Pastry Chef
WORKING Pastry Chef with high volume and restaurant dessert experience.
Runs a department of 5, and is teammate in a 50+ Culinary department.
Salary in the $55-60 range.