Email your job description to NCCA to have it posted here! – ACFNCCA@GMAIL.COM
Specific Local Culinary Opportunities
Job Opportunity September 26, 2017
TITLE: Part-time Restaurant Cook
COMPANY: Cosmos Club
Classification: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chef de Cuisine
- Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices
- Assists other cooks during emergencies or rush periods
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to insure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Assists in plating food items for service
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by Culinary Management
- Cleans assigned work station areas
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
A Career at the Cosmos Club
As an employee of the Cosmos Club, you will be part of a very select group of individuals having the ability, character and knowledge to work for one of the world’s most exclusive private clubs. The Club staff is comprised of approximately 150 employees who serve more than 3,000 members and their guests. Our commitment to our membership is equal to the commitment to our staff. Our pledge is to create a work environment that is warm, caring, and hospitable.
Our Mission: A team of diverse professionals consistently creating memorable and unique member and guest experiences reflective of the social and intellectual atmosphere of the Cosmos Club and its refined setting.
Job Opportunity December 8, 2016
TITLE: Executive Chef – Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center
COMPANY: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We are currently seeking an Executive Chef for Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center.
• Leadership position responsible for all culinary operations in a multi-unit, million dollar account comprised of restaurants, banquets, catering, concessions, and warehousing.
• Train, manage and develop Sous Chefs and culinary staff members.
• Partner with the Executive Steward, estimate food consumption, purchase food in a warehouse setting, manage vendor relationships, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
• Offer culinary instruction and demonstrate culinary techniques and consult with clients.
• Directly supervises the culinary staff with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, initiating pay increases and is responsible for the continuous development of the staff.
• The Executive Chef will report directly to the Aramark General Manager.
• Associates or related culinary degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 4-8 years of culinary management experience in a multi-unit environment including restaurants, concessions and in banquet/catering volume is required.
• Ability to manage simultaneous events and a large staff in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
• Previous experience with profit and loss accountability, control of food and labor cost, high banquet volume, menu development and pricing, vendor relations, and development of culinary team is required.
• These are full time, year-round positions.
• Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
To apply, please visit: https://uscareers-aramark.icims.com/jobs/83093/executive-chef—georgetown-university-hotel-%26-conference-center/job?mode=view
Job Opportunity June 30, 2016
TITLE: Executive Sous Chef
COMPANY: Winston-Salem, NC
GSI Executive Search is conducting and extensive search for an Executive Sous Chef at the Forsyth Country Club in Winston-Salem, NC. The opportunity has excellent benefits and Forsyth Country Club is distinguished as one of the premier clubs in the South. The Executive Sous Chef reports to Executive Chef and must have the capacity to guide all culinary operations; however, he or she will have daily oversight and responsibility for the member dining room food preparation and production. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience as an Executive Sous Chef and prepared to lead an operation as an Executive Chef in the absence of the current Executive Chef.
If interested, please contact:
Sharlyn Moore, Ph.D., CMM
Dir. of Research & Marketing
DC Office: 216 Talamore Dr., Stephens City, VA 22655
email@example.com | www.gsiexecutivesearch.com
Job Opportunity January 25, 2016
TITLE: Sous Chef/Manager
COMPANY: University of Maryland
Reporting to Executive Catering Chef, the catering sous chef will assist in managing all culinary back of the house operations of and on premise and off premise catering operations with yearly revenues of 3 million dollars.
Bachelor’s Degree in Restaurant Management or Associates Degree from an accredited Culinary Program and 5 years of progressively responsible experience leading a culinary team. American Culinary Association Certified Executive Chef Certification (or equivalent skill level) may be substituted for the degree.
Outstanding knowledge of and skill in culinary arts with focus on hot food, grilling and sauteeing, sauces and garde-manger. Outstanding ability to select, lead, train, develop, supervise and motivate a diverse multi generational, multi skilled culinary team. Strong oral and written communication skills and guest service skills. Strong understanding of and skill in the principles of food selection, ordering, preservation, preparation, service and inventory control. Outstanding knowledge of food safety, food preparation and service, menu and recipe development and food and dining trends. Strong organizational and logistics skills. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse team. Must have and maintain Prince George’s County Maryland Certified Food Service Manager Certification within 90 days of hire. Must have driver’s license valid in Maryland with 5 points or less.
The deadline to apply is February 5,2016.
Job Opportunity October 17, 2015
TITLE: Pastry Chef
Manage the production and preparation of pastry and dessert items in accordance with established guest service, quality and sustainability standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Create or supervise creation of pastry items for the hotel, restaurant, banquet and catering needs.
- Develop new recipes for new desserts as needed.
- Ensure that par stock of mise-en-place is maintained.
- Work closely with the Engineering Department on out of order equipment.
- Order all food items for special food promotions.
- Maintain departmental operating budget.
- Develop and implement programs to maximize and increase sales.
- Develop methods of reducing costs without affecting the level of service or product received by the guests.
- Propose and initiate new services and products for our guests
- Maintain good hygiene and cleanliness standards by performing daily section inspections
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Position Requirements
- Formal training as a Pastry Chef, preferred.
- 3 years bakery, patisserie, chocolaterie, confiserie and glacier experience
- Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Click here to apply:
Job Opportunity – October 3, 2015
TITLE: Sous Chef
The Metropolitan Club, a Distinguished Private Club in DC, is seeking a talented, qualified Restaurant Sous Chef with outstanding leadership skills.
- Culinary School graduate preferred ACF, CIA, and/or others.
- Two years minimum experience of equivalent status and establishment.
- Solid understanding of kitchen fundamentals/ solid high end a la carte.
- Restaurant background a plus.
- Team player able to foster positive relationships and work environment.
- Able to manage all levels of production and control food cost/ wastage.
- Proven track record of team management, organizational, and coaching skills.
- Understanding of all cost control dynamics purchasing and inventory.
- ACF membership and Platinum ranked club experience a plus.
- Must also be able to provide outstanding references. Competitive wage and benefit package offered.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Ben Hales at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opportunity – October 2, 2015
TITLE: Line Cook
Cosmos Club is looking for an experienced line cook
$15+ per hour (based on experience)
Email Chef Will Rogers directly at email@example.com
Job Opportunity – October 2, 2015
TITLE: Pastry Chef
WORKING Pastry Chef with high volume and restaurant dessert experience.
Runs a department of 5, and is teammate in a 50+ Culinary department.
Salary in the $55-60 range.