Email your job description to NCCA to have it posted here! – ACFNCCA@GMAIL.COM
Specific Local Culinary Opportunities
Job Opportunity October 17, 2018
The Embassy of Canada in Washington, D.C. is seeking to hire a Sous Chef.
Position title: Sous Chef
Section: Events Production Team
Location: Embassy of Canada, Washington, D.C.
Position no: EXT-TBD Level: GS-03
Starting salary: $22.06/hour USD plus benefits
Competition no: 2692
Date posted: 10/02/2018
Closing date: 10/16/2018 6:00 PM EST.
Employment Tenure: Term There is one term position to be filled: it has a specified period of employment of two years with the possibility of a term extension or change in status to indeterminate as required by operational needs. This selection process may be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position and similar positions with various tenures, including indeterminate, term and acting opportunities at the Embassy of Canada in Washington. When you submit your application, you must specify all types of employment tenures for which you wish to be considered, e.g., indeterminate, term and/or acting.
CANDIDATES CAN ONLY APPLY VIA THE LINK BELOW:
• Persons residing in the United States. Relocation will not be paid in any circumstance. Employees of the Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC. Employees of any Canadian Mission in the United States. Relocation will not be paid in any circumstance. Spouses and dependents of Canada-based staff at the Embassy of Canada.
• All applicants must:
Have independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with United States protocol directives for foreign missions. Reside in the United States. Meet all of the Essential Requirements stated below. Submit a resume and a cover letter by the closing date. The covering letter must:
O Demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements under language, education and
experience; o Confirm residency in the United States; o Confirm independent work authorization in the United States.
Note: Failure to provide any of the information required above will result in your application being rejected. All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
Summary of duties:
Under the direction of the Head of the Events Production Team, the incumbent is responsible for preparing all culinary aspects of Canada’s mission representation abroad including assisting with identifying appropriate Canadian and local cuisine and assembling such cuisine for official and unofficial hospitality events both at the Official Residence and in the executive dining facilities on the sixth floor of the Chancery; (including formal and informal breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, cocktails, receptions, staff events and others as requested).
The incumbent is often required to work independently. Flexibility and adaptability are integral to the role as event schedules and requirements can change with short notice.
Condition of employment (must be met):
Eligibility for a Government of Canada Reliability Status which includes a criminal and credit background check; and Independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with U.S. protocol directives for foreign missions. Work overtime on short notice and be available for occasional duties outside of normal working hours, i.e., evenings, weekends, and some overnight travel. Available to start immediately.
Candidates must demonstrate clearly how they meet the Education and Experience requirements listed
Language: English (The ability to work in French would be an asset.)
Education: Culinary School Certification from an accredited facility.
• Experience as a cook/chef for at least 3 years in a professional environment including for official functions. Experience developing and reconciling event budgets.
• Rated requirements:
Candidates who meet the Education and Experience requirements will be assessed on the following qualifications. The assessment may be a written test, an interview, an in-basket exercise, a skills test, or any combination of these methods.
• Knowledge of professional food handling and safety practices. Knowledge of budget preparation and reconciliation. Knowledge of Canadian cuisine and ingredients.
Ability to develop menus highlighting Canadian cuisine and ingredients. Ability to work as part of a team and build and nurture networks and alliances. Ability to manage daily activities in a food services operation including special events. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to create, manage and reconcile budgets for multiple events. Ability to manage and maintain an inventory.
• Personal Suitability:
Sound judgement Good interpersonal skills Initiative Detail oriented
Discretion Adaptability and flexibility
• Asset Qualifications:
Food handler safety training an asset. Supervisory skills are an asset. Knowledge of baking and pastries an asset. Ability to read, write and speak French.
• Selection procedure:
The staffing process will consist of a review of all applications to ensure that applicants meet the essential requirements. Failure to meet any of the essential requirements eliminates candidates from further consideration in the competition. Only those applicants who meet these will be contacted by the Human Resources Section for an interview or other form of assessment of the Rated Requirements.
The assessment may include an interview, a written test and other tests that will consist of a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicant’s knowledge, abilities and personal suitability for the position.
The Embassy offers a competitive salary, generous leave and a strong benefits package to include medical, dental, long term and short term disability, and a retirement savings plan to name a few.
The Embassy is committed to conducting inclusive, barrier-free selection processes.
Hours of work:
Normal hours of work for this position are in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Locally Engaged Staff (LES) in the United States of 40 hours per week. The incumbent must be able to work overtime on short notice and be available for occasional duties outside of normal working hours, i.e., evenings, weekends, and some overnight travel.
Method of application:
Apply online at http://www.wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementid=2692&source=PO
Job Opportunity September 17, 2018
COMPANY: The Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation
TITLE: Director of Culinary Operations and Corporate Chef
The JHHS Director of Culinary Operations and Corporate Chef (Corporate Chef) is responsible for providing culinary expertise and successful culinary leadership for Food and Culinary Services for the Johns Hopkins Health System. Responsible for planning, organization and follow up skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with sensitive deadlines and changing environments. The corporate chef will ensure adherence to all culinary standards and operational excellence for the Johns Hopkins Health System. The corporate chef will lead, coach and develop teams of skilled chefs to achieve guest satisfaction while maintaining effective costs and profits with consistent execution. The corporate chef will be responsible for menu development; testing and standardization of recipes and training of food service teams on related concepts and execution. The corporate chef will have close interaction with other members of the JHHS Food and Culinary Services leadership team, procurement, and preferred vendor representatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provides overall direction for culinary development by assuming all aspects of project development including trend and flavor profiles relative to region and other demographic elements, recipes from an ingredient, flavor, cost and nutritional perspective.
Lead Food and Culinary Standards Committee to ensure all ingredients and recipes are evaluated and approved for use within JHHS facilities. Recipes are managed via the CBORD database to ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency. Provide leadership to the ongoing monitoring compliance and execution of culinary standards across a regional portfolio.
Responsible for leading each project through a culinary scope document that details the complete deliverables of the project including a detailed timeline. Ensures that all development projects are delivered within budget and associated schedule.
Responsible for leveraging strategic external relationships with vendors, professional organizations and other partners to ensure open communications and improved outcomes for culinary programs.
Provides oversight to the development of training tools for program implementation. Should include key materials to include manuals, panning diagrams, plating specifications and associated flow diagrams. Also responsible for creating culinary workshops and presentations.
Responsible for quality, financial and safety related performance metrics. Uses data sets for statistical analysis in a complete and accurate manner allowing identification of performance outliers.
Provides direction for regulatory compliance of food production areas and ensures that menus, production methods, portions and service meet federal state and districts standards
Acts as a preceptor to the students in dietetics education programs and other education programs as identified.
Collaborate with Clinical Nutrition Leaders and the Employee Wellness Steering Committee to improve the health, wellness and sustainability offerings and to implement organizational goals. Ensures that all kitchens provide nutritious, safe eye-appealing and properly flavored foods.
Provide coaching and guidance improve the skill set of culinary staff, and provide the appropriate tool set to perform their jobs.
Provide support to Food and Culinary Services Initiatives across the Johns Hopkins Health System including conversion to self-operation, program implementation and physical renovations. Will require travel to and from facilities in Maryland, Florida and the District of Columbia and be present in those facilities as scheduled.
Responsible for development of local culinarians and ensuring effective working relationships across various stakeholder groups and within affiliates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management/or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience.
Minimum of seven to ten years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training.
Must have experience in high volume, multi-site, complex foodservice operations.
Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation and food cost controls.
Must have active Serv-Safe manager certification
Strong supervisory, leadership, hands-on management and coaching skills
Ability to communicate on various levels to include senior management, departmental, customer and associate levels
Demonstrated financial, budgetary, and food control experience
TO APPLY CONTACT: Angelo Mojica – (410) 550-8562, email@example.com
Job Opportunity August 10, 2018
TITLE: Corporate Field Chef, Customer Concierge Services
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food — food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 1800 restaurants across the United States.
The Customer Concierge team is looking for a business-minded chef professional with expertise in the foodservice industry. The goal of the Customer Concierge team is to provide industry-first concierge service to develop and grow deep relationships with our foodservice customers.
This position will specifically be responsible for working directly with our foodservice distributor and operator customers in the field. They will provide culinary best practices, hands-on training, and culinary operations support to ensure the success of Impossible in restaurants across the US. This is an amazing opportunity for a detail oriented self starter who wants to grow with a great company and join a growing team within the organization.
● Support the Impossible Foods sales cycle across various foodservice segments
● Be the product expert: Act as liaison to our foodservice customers and provide recommendations for continued success.
● Manage and deepen ongoing customer relationships and promote customer retention
● Work with the Customer Experience Manager to assist customers of various sizes/ segments to:
○ Showcase value propositions of Impossible on an ongoing basis
○ Encourage innovative and cost-appropriate recipe development
○ Troubleshoot culinary operations to ensure product success and consistency
○ Own training and development for selected accounts in a given region
● Assist the Concierge Events and Training Manager with planning and execution of various culinary-focused events (e.g. food shows, distributor workshops, pop-up events, etc).
● Provide internal support for culinary development of new or existing recipes/applications
● Utilize tools and systems to capture, track and report on key customer information
● Work remotely, but commit to travel 40-50% of the time
● Bachelor’s or Associate’s Culinary Degree, required
● Bachelor’s in Foodservice/Hospitality Management preferred
● 8+ years of work experience in a combination of food sales and in a hands-on culinary role
● Proven ability to collaborate effectively with business partners.
● Experience training/teaching in a culinary setting.
● Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Communication style with others is factual, straightforward, direct and to the point.
● Continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements to eliminate non-value added work.
● Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment, variety is the spice of life and there is not issue you can’t quickly troubleshoot. This position requires someone who is comfortable with a great deal of change and pressure, with shifting priorities, deadlines, and/or goals.
● Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize based on business strategies and objectives.
● You’re a relationship builder who loves details and execution.
Contact Gena Jordan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opportunity July 2, 2018
TITLE: Chain Accounts Team Member
BUSINESS: The CORE Group
The CORE Group is a national foodservice sales agency that blends engaged leadership with a deep network of market specialists across the U.S. With over 50 offices across the country, our goal is to hire the best people who want to move fast and make a large impact. Happy people do happy things; we allow our employees to focus on what they love to do.
Our Mission Statement: W.I.N.
Willing & Engaged – Integrity – Never Give Up
All Together. Different.
The CORE Group is looking for a new Chain Accounts Team member in our Baltimore/Washington DC market! This is a salaried position.
Sales Team Requirements:
- 5 years of sales experience (broker, manufacturer, or distributor)
- Experience in restaurant setting (minimum of 2 years)
- Reside in, or be willing to move to the designated area
- Position requires travel and overnight stays
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver’s License and no instances of DUI/DWI/Reckless Driving/Suspended License within the last (5) years to appear on the background check and driver’s history search in order to be considered for this position
Sales Team Responsibilities:
- Make, obtain, and secure sales
- Ability to work and thrive individually, as well as part of a team
- Maintenance and development of sale through product presentations and sales training at distributor customers
- Quote portion cost; prepare sales contracts and programs for business obtained
- Plan and execute product presentations and demonstrations
- Maintain and update operator profiles: buyer contracts, priority, market segments, attributes, size, buying group affiliation, client competitive information
The CORE Group offers a competitive benefits package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, and 401K eligibility.
LINK TO APPLY: https://thecoregroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=247
Job Opportunity June 27, 2018
TITLE: Faculty (Kitchen Manager) Full-Time
BUSINESS: Prince George’s Community College
The Department of Wellness, Culinary Arts and Hospitality at Prince George’s Community College has a full-time, tenured track Faculty (Kitchen Manager) position available. For more information or to apply for this position click on the link below.
The essential duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Teaching Credit Culinary Arts Courses
- Purchasing and storing food and supplies
- Managing the inventory
- Setting up and assisting with culinary arts labs offered in each culinary arts course
- Orienting students to the kitchen labs
- Conducting kitchen lab updates and ongoing training with culinary arts faculty
- Creating the student cleaning duties
- Supervising the cleaning of the kitchen labs and equipment
- Disseminating information concerning kitchen labs to culinary arts faculty in an effort to integrate culinary labs across the curriculum.
See the full job description: https://pgcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/7180
Send your resume and cover letter to: Natalie A Webb, MS, RDN, LD, FAND, Professor, Email: email@example.com
Job Opportunity March 16, 2018
TITLE: Part-time Restaurant Cook
COMPANY: Cosmos Club
Classification: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chef de Cuisine
· Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
· Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices
· Assists other cooks during emergencies or rush periods
· Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to insure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
· Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
· Assists in plating food items for service
· Handles leftover food items as instructed by Culinary Management
· Cleans assigned work station areas
· Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
· Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
· Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://www.cosmosclub.org/Careers/jobid/27
Job Opportunity September 26, 2017
TITLE: Part-time Restaurant Cook
COMPANY: Cosmos Club
Classification: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chef de Cuisine
- Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices
- Assists other cooks during emergencies or rush periods
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to insure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Assists in plating food items for service
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by Culinary Management
- Cleans assigned work station areas
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
A Career at the Cosmos Club
As an employee of the Cosmos Club, you will be part of a very select group of individuals having the ability, character and knowledge to work for one of the world’s most exclusive private clubs. The Club staff is comprised of approximately 150 employees who serve more than 3,000 members and their guests. Our commitment to our membership is equal to the commitment to our staff. Our pledge is to create a work environment that is warm, caring, and hospitable.
Our Mission: A team of diverse professionals consistently creating memorable and unique member and guest experiences reflective of the social and intellectual atmosphere of the Cosmos Club and its refined setting.